Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional manner and personal appearance.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
- Ability to work independently, investigates problems, initiate solutions, work under deadline constraints, and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including sensitivity and ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Work is performed usually in a typical manufacturing environment where there may be substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Safety glasses are required to be worn when in the warehouse and factory.
- Occasionally, required to work in a room with construction dust that can result in sneezing and allergic symptoms.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, reach, crouch, bend, or kneel, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
- Exerts up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 100 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Close mental and visual attention to prepare and analyze data and figures, work on a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Education and Experience:
- One to three years’ experience in manufacturing and CNC Operation.
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rocktops Granite and Stone Fabrication LLC
Mike Hyer doesn’t do things a little bit. So when the opportunity to start a stone countertop company came up, he grabbed Tim Richardson and they plunged into it like Thelma & Louise. But, unlike those two, Mike and Tim used rock to their advantage. With decades of construction, remodeling and landscaping experience between them, Mike and Tim opened Rocktops* in 2013.
Rocktops’ original home was in Olathe near I-35 and 151 st Street. As staff, inventory and clientele quickly grew, so did the company’s reputation for service, quality and innovation. With added technology and machinery, the starter home felt tight. In early 2018, Rocktops moved the entire operation to its current spacious Showroom & Slabratory, also in Olathe, where the team has room to serve more clients and get more creative.
Rocktops has installed stone in more than 10,000 homes and businesses, and one MLS soccer stadium and training facility. Mike and Tim credit the talented, dedicated and thoughtful team for making Rocktops the new stone trendsetter in the Kansas City area.
Company Website: www.rocktopskc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)